Heritage Academy is a conventional private high school located in Mesa, Arizona's central business district. It was one of the state's first charter schools, opening in 1995.
Earl Taylor Jr. established this public charter high school in 1995, making it one of the first schools in Arizona to be given a charter since the passage of Arizona Revised Statutes Title 15 section 181-183 in 1994. This academy, which started in historic downtown Mesa, has since expanded to three more campuses in Laveen, Queen Creek, and Maricopa, Arizona.
Heritage Academy, a tuition-free school in Mesa, Queen Creek, and Laveen, offers a healthy atmosphere on three campuses. Heritage is a school where your child can receive individualized and well-rounded learning, allowing him or her to achieve academic and emotional success.
Heritage Academy instills in today's youth the timeless values and ideals learned by America's Founding Fathers and Mothers, such as liberty and independence, which promote respect, hard work, integrity, personal responsibility, fellowship, optimism, and bravery.
Heritage Academy is committed to the advancement and growth of young people. The aim of education is to develop good character. Strong families, nations, and a country are all examples of strong character.
Heritage Academy is committed to instilling an awareness of and appreciation for the principles and beliefs of the great men and women of history, including those who created the American nation, in the minds and hearts of today's youth while teaching academic disciplines.
Heritage Academy strives to create a secure, moral, and healthy community in which students can feel protected – safe from physical damage, addictive drugs, and damaging rumors and stereotyping.
Heritage Academy offers history, math, writing, literature, reading, astronomy, music, foreign language, visual art, creative arts, and physical development to primary and secondary students.
Fast Facts About Heritage Academy in 2021
- In the National Rankings, Heritage Academy is ranked #7,185. Schools are ranked based on how well they train students for college and how well they do on state-mandated exams.
- They rank #127 in Arizona High Schools
- Their graduation rate is 93% which is above the median rate
- For the 2017-18 academic year, 52 percent of students achieved math proficiency (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45 percent).
- For the 2017-18 academic year, 73 percent of students achieved proficiency in reading/language arts (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 44 percent).
- Minority membership is 23 percent (majority Hispanic), which is smaller than the 62 percent state average in Arizona (majority Hispanic).
Heritage's one-of-a-kind setup offers scholars a wealth of opportunities. The A/B block schedule allows your child to take eight classes each term, allowing them to take more core academic and extracurricular classes.
Scholars will have more opportunities to contribute, be involved, and grow as future leaders nowhere else. Their scholars have some of the best test scores and college acceptances in the state, thanks to the climate that encourages further research and intellectual rigor. This though not getting to go to classes on Fridays!
By Ixnayonthetimmay - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8928620
The amazing city of Mesa, Arizona is blessed to have some of the best high schools in the area. Don’t miss these great schools:
- Heritage Academy
- ASU Preparatory Academy-Polytechnic High School
- Red Mountain High School
- Mountain View High School
- Desert Ridge High
- Skyline High School
- Mesa High School
- Dobson High School
- Westwood High School
All of these wonderful high schools are located just a short distance from our location at 755 West Second Street!